I currently use the following equipment:
- Nikon D850, 45,7 megapixel full-frame DSLR with very impressive noise performance, especially under low light conditions.
- Nikon D750, second 24 megapixel DSLR body. Up until 2019 this used to be my main camera and the second camera was a Nikon D7100.
- Sigma 12-24mm f4,0 DG HSM Art, Ultra-Wide-Angle for Architecture Shots and Lost Places.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm 1:2.8G ED, good for concerts and other events.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm 1:4G ED, the wide angle lens I usually have on the D750 most of the time.
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm 1:2,8G ED VR II tele zoom lens for events and nature photography. This one is on my D850 most of the time. I owned the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4.5-5.6G first, which is much lighter and much more travel-friendly, but obviously can’t keep up with the image quality of the 70-200/2.8.
- Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105 mm 1:2,8G IF-ED – not only for Macro shots.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm 1:1.8G and Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85 mm 1:1,8G, for portraits and in situations with very low light.
- Nikon AF-S 200-500 mm 1:5,6E ED VR, Super-Tele lens for things that are very far away.
- Haida Slim ProII MC ND3.0 1000x 77mm neutral density filter
I also use the following accessories:
- Two Sun-Sniper-Strap The Pro-II Steel & Bear camera straps
- Rollei Compact Traveller No. 1 tripod.
- Yongnuo YN685 flash. The D850 doesn’t have a built-in flash.
- 2x LED RGB video lamps.
- TOP-MAX EN-EL15 spare batteries.
- Sandisk Extreme PRO UHS-3 64 GB memory cards. The D750 stores RAW files about ~30 MB in size, and without fast memory cards you run into trouble very fast when shooting at 6.5 frames per second.
- Lowepro Flipside AW 500 backpack. Fits most of my photo equipment plus clothes for four days in about twelve kilos, therefore still passing as hand luggage with most airlines. I usually no longer have checked luggage when I’m on the road for less than a week.
- ASUS Zenbook UM425I, small and light 14″ laptop with 100% sRGB coverage, fast processor and up to 20 hours of battery life.
- Acer ProDesigner PE320QK, 32″ 4K UHD display with 100% sRGB coverage.
- darktable. Yes, I could use Adobe Lightroom, but they’ve had it with me due to their stupid Creative Cloud and their subscription model. It also gets quite slow with the huge RAW files the D850 creates, even on a fast system. darktable does the same job and does it faster.